This versatile, easy to build router table has the following dimensions, 32 inches wide and 24 inches deep. The router table plan dimensions can be changed to suit your requirements. The router table insert is offset towards the front of the table since this is where most routing is performed.
The router table plan also provides use of the rear of the table when a larger table surface is required. This is performed by simply flipping the fence around and routing on the other side. An optional crosscut sled allows you to safely rout at right angles to the table. To eliminate table sag, the router table top is a torsion box with glued and screwed internal supports or webbing. The T-tracks provide the fastening and adjustment of the adjustable fence. The router table top is 3/4 inch thick.
The features of this router table plan are:
– optimized table height
– table dimensions for large and small work
– easy to build using standard dimensioned lumber
– table sag eliminated with torsion box construction
– fence orientation is flexible on table top
– excellent dust collection
– router accessible from top or bottom
– router can easily be removed for hand held use
– router bit height can be adjusted from table top
– rigidity and mass incorporated in table
– crosscut sled plan included
A Veritas circular router base plate kit was selected to mount a router. This router plate kit offers rigidity, ease of router installation, and removable from beneath the table. The low cost router plate kit, excellent directions for mounting a router, and a small 9 in. diameter footprint are also design factors. A router of your choice can easily be substituted. Included in the plan are:
1. Router table plan with detailed build sequence and 25 CAD illustrated drawings
2. Versatile crosscut sled plan.
3. Easy to build using dimensioned lumber.
4. Torsion box construction method for a sag-free table surface
Comprehensive information, construction techniques, large photos, video and (25) detailed computer designed illustrations (CAD) to build this router table and crosscut sled are included when you purchase this plan. The included video also provides you a better understanding of routers.
For a limited time, WOODSKILLS Issue 01 & 02 (digital) $16 value included with purchase of any class or course